Student Credit Card
Based on an assumed credit limit of
About this card
- Up to £500 credit available
- No annual fee
- Apple Pay – immediate access to spendingAdd your new credit card to Apple Pay from the iOS version of the HSBC UK Mobile Banking app. This allows you to pay for things in shops, apps and on websites immediately using Apple Pay, while waiting for your new card to arrive.
Using your card
- Manage your card onlineOnline banking is a convenient way to manage your card. It lets you check your credit card balance, make payments and stay in control.
- Bank anywhere with the HSBC Mobile Banking AppMake payments to existing beneficiaries and manage your personal accounts easily and securely with the HSBC UK Mobile Banking app.
- Use your card abroad
You can use your HSBC Credit Card at any retailer or cash machine that displays the logo on your card. Fees apply and non-HSBC cash machines may also charge a fee.
- 24/7 worldwide assistanceDay or night, help is always at hand if your card is lost or stolen. Wherever you are in the world you can speak to our dedicated team about getting an emergency cash advance.
Apply for a Student Credit Card
Are you eligible?
Please ensure you read the important information in the ‘Things you should know’ section before applying.
Services in our branches and contact centres are currently limited because of the coronavirus outbreak. Unfortunately we are unable to offer new products in branches or contact centres, or set up appointments at the moment.
If you’ve applied for a new account online recently, please allow extra time for your application to be processed as the queues are longer than usual – no need to call us, we’ll let you know when it’s ready to use.
We’re also receiving far more calls than usual, so our wait times are longer. Please check the information on our dedicated coronavirus hub page, which is updated regularly. Please only call us if it’s urgent, so we can help those most in need.
Registered for online banking?
If you’re already registered for Online Banking, you can apply online now.
View your pre-filled application form, submit in just one click, and receive an instant decision.
Apply in the mobile app
If you're registered for mobile banking and have downloaded the app you can apply within the app in just a few clicks.
Not registered yet?
You need to be registered for online banking to apply.
Apply in branch
Things you should know
You might also be interested in
Cover your personal possessions from just £25 a year.
T&Cs apply. Applicants must be aged 18 or over and a resident in the UK.
See helpful articles on a range of topics, from preparing for university to borrowing money as a student.